About the blog:
The title of this blog is part of a quote from Anne of Green Gables, “Be glad you live in a world where there are Octobers.” This blog is an effort to be glad. I’m trying to document at least one thing every day (or almost every day) that makes me glad…and reminds me to be grateful.
1. I am Mom to one very special little boy and one precious little girl, and wife to my very funny, very laid-back Mr. Right.
2. I love fall, the month of October, New England, lobster, the beach, excellent diction, honest writing, color, design, Anne Lamott, Annie Dillard, Billy Collins, and many others.
3. I have trouble sitting still through commercials.
4. I’m a clean freak.
5. I cry easily while listening to NPR or reading.
6. I love sarcasm and potentially offensive humor.
7. I wish I pursued anything as passionately as my dog pursues a frisbee or as my son pursues…almost anything.
8. I love wordsmithing, and I’m trying to become a better photographer.
9. I doubt my abilities as a mom, but I keep trying.
10. I try to live in grace.